The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce its third annual elementary art exhibition, Art: It’s Elementary! The exhibition will feature original works of art from Orange County elementary students in Kindergarten – 3rd grades. The exhibition will be held January 8 – February 26, 2022 in the Community Art Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art and online at starkmuseum.org. Participants must be in K-3rd grade in a private, public, or homeschool in Orange County.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available beginning September 7, 2021 at starkmuseum.org.
- Orange County elementary schools may submit a maximum of 8 entries for the exhibition. It is up to each school to select which 8 works are submitted.
- All artwork must be delivered by a school representative to the Stark Museum of Art by Friday, December 17, 2021 no later than 5:00 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted. All of the entries for an individual campus should be delivered at the same time.
- An Artists’ Reception for students, families, and teachers is tentatively scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 22, 2022. The Artists’ Reception will be in conjunction with museum’s Family Day event.
- Orange County public and private school artwork will be delivered to schools on March 7, 2022. All homeschool artwork must be picked up from the Museum between March 9 and 12, 2022 during regular business hours. Artwork that is not picked up will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Restauri Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at email@example.com.
Requirements for Submission:
- Artist must be currently enrolled in K-3rd grades in a public, private, or homeschool in Orange County.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, and hand-rendered.
- Artwork must be no smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 9” x 12”.
- Submissions should be on a flat, 2-dimensional surface, no deeper than ¼” inch. Please no entries on stretched canvas.
- Matted and/or framed submissions will not be accepted and returned immediately to the teacher and/or campus submitting the work.
- Artwork must be appropriate for an audience of all ages, including children. Excessively violent themes, offensive, crude, or derogatory subjects or designs are not permitted. Stark Museum, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject or remove any submission that fails to meet these standards.
- Artwork must have a typed label with artist name, grade level, title of artwork, and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Only one original artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Completed registration form, with BOTH student and parent (or guardian) signatures, MUST accompany the artwork, regardless of student age.