K – 3RD GRADE EXHIBITION
The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce its fourth annual elementary art exhibition, ART: It’s Elementary! The exhibition will feature original works of art from Region 5 and Calcasieu Parish elementary students in Kindergarten – 3rd grades. The exhibition will be held January 14 – March 11, 2023 in the Community Art Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art and online at starkmuseum.org. Participants must be in K-3rd grade in a private, public, or homeschool in Region 5 or Calcasieu Parish.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available August 16, 2022 at starkmuseum.org.
- Orange County elementary schools may submit a maximum of 8 entries for the exhibition. Schools outside of Orange County may submit up to 4 entries with a teacher from their campus attending the ART: It’s Elementary! Teacher Workshop on Friday, November 4, 2022. It is up to each school to select which works of art are submitted.
- All artwork must be delivered by a school representative to the Stark Museum of Art by Friday, December 16, 2022 no later than 5:00 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted. All of the entries for an individual campus should be delivered at the same time.
- An Artists’ Recognition Ceremony for students, families, and teachers will be held on Saturday, January 21, 2023. The Artists’ Reception will be in conjunction with the museum’s Family Day event.
- Orange County public and private school artwork will be delivered to schools by March 24, 2023. All other artwork must be picked up from the Museum between March 22 and 25, 2022 during regular business hours. Artwork that is not picked up will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.