2023 College Juried Art Exhibition
The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce its second Annual College Juried Art Exhibition. The exhibition will feature original works of art from college and university students in Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. The exhibition will be held November 4, 2023 – December 21, 2023 in the Community Art Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art. The exhibition is open to all students currently enrolled in a college or university located in Orange County, TX, Jefferson County, TX, or Calcasieu Parish, LA.
The College Juried Art Exhibition will be juried by staff at the Stark Museum of Art. Three awards will be selected by the staff juror and one award selected by the public:
- Best of Show – $300 gift certificate for art supplies (selected by staff juror)
- 2 Honorable Mentions – $100 gift certificate for art supplies (selected by staff juror)
Important Dates and Information:
- Complete submissions including completed registration forms, image, and artists statement must be emailed to email@example.com by October 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Artwork submitted for the exhibition will be juried digitally. Artists will be notified by email of their acceptance into the exhibition no later than October 18, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Artwork selected for the exhibition must be delivered framed and ready to hang to the Stark Museum of Art on October 27 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Artwork not meeting framing criteria as described below or not delivered by this time will not be accepted into the exhibition.
- An Artists Reception will be held on Saturday, November 4, 2023 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in conjunction with the museum’s Date Night at the Museum. Award winners will be announced during the Artist’s Reception.
- Exhibited artwork must be picked up between January 5-6, 2024 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Museum’s Welcome Desk. Artwork that is not picked up by 4:00 p.m. on January 6, 2024 will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.