The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce its first annual College Juried Art Exhibition. The exhibition will feature original works of art from college and university students in Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. The exhibition will be held October 8, 2022 – January 8, 2023 in the Community Art Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art. The exhibition is open to all students currently enrolled in a college or university located in Orange County, TX, Jefferson County, TX, or Calcasieu Parish, LA.
The College Juried Art Exhibition will be juried by staff at the Stark Museum of Art. Awards for the College Juried Art Exhibition are sponsored by Blick Art Materials. Three Awards will be selected by the staff jurors:
• Best of Show – $300 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials
• 2 Honorable Mentions – $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials
Important Dates and Information:
- Student Artists must be currently enrolled in a college or university located in Orange County, TX, Jefferson County, TX, or Calcasieu Parish, LA.
- Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art between Thursday, September 29, 2022 and Saturday, October 1, 2022 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted.
- An opening reception will be held on Thursday, October 6, 2022 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. in conjunction with the new special exhibition “A Noble Pastime: Hunting Pictures from the Sarah Campbell Blaffer Foundation”. Award winners will be announced during the reception.
- Artwork not selected for the exhibition must be picked-up between October 12-14, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Artwork that is not picked up by 5:00 p.m. on October 14, 2022 up will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum.
- Exhibited artwork must be picked up between January 18-20, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Museum’s Welcome Desk. Artwork that is not picked up by 5:00 p.m. on January 20, 2023 will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at email@example.com.