The Stark Museum of Art provides images for educational presentations, professional research, print and digital publications, and media projects. These images are available in a number of digital formats (jpeg and tiff). Fees vary depending on the commercial or non-profit status of the request, the type of material requested, and the nature of use and the scope of distribution. Special consideration is given to educational projects and publications.
- Fees are:
- High resolution image: $25 per image
- Usage fee of $50.
- Payment can be made by credit card in U.S. dollars and by money order or check drawn on a U.S. bank, payable to Nelda C. and H.J. Lutcher Stark Foundation.
Please fill out the Rights & Reproduction Request Form and submit to:
- Katherine Barry
- Registrar, Stark Art & History Venues
The conditions under which an image from the collection of the Stark Museum of Art may be reproduced are:
- Each image must be reproduced in its entirety unless approved by the Stark Museum of Art. If a detail is approved, the word DETAIL must appear in the credit line and the full image must be reproduced elsewhere in the publication.
- The reproduction must not be cropped, bled off the page, or have anything superimposed on the image. The Museum may request color proofs to ensure it is a faithful and accurate reproduction of the original work of art.
- Images appearing on a dust jacket, book cover, calendar or published as an individual reproduction must have prior approval.
- The full credit line supplied by the Stark Museum of Art must appear with the image in printed materials, and at the end-credits on film/video or TV production. Full documentation consists of the artist’s name, title of the work of art, date (if given), medium, dimensions, and Stark Museum of Art object number. The credit line, Stark Museum of Art, Orange, Texas, must be displayed with the image.
- Permission to reproduce the image must not be transferred to a third party nor must any photographic materials, its derivatives, or digital files be transferred to any other user.
- A complimentary copy of the publication or project in which the Museum’s image appears must be sent to Museum Services at the Stark Museum of Art.
Artists or designated assignors may retain copyright to works of art in the Stark Museum of Art collection, and their rights are protected under U.S. copyright laws. Any or all royalty payments or other requirements specified by the copyright owner are the responsibility of the applicant. The Stark Museum of Art grants use only for the use of digital files obtained from the Stark Museum of Art.