Piece by Piece
10th Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition
The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce the 10th Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition on view March 27 – May 15, 2024. The Juried Student Art Exhibition theme is offered in conjunction with the Stark Museum of Art’s upcoming special exhibition Black Pioneers: Legacy in the American West on view March 2 – June 22, 2024.
The exhibition of student artwork will be juried by Staff at the Stark Museum of Art, and will include up to 100 works of art created by 4th – 12th grade artists in Region 5, TX and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork will be displayed in the museum’s Community Art Gallery and featured in an online exhibition. Artwork should be narrative and created in a way to tell a story about a person, place, or thing.
Important Dates and Information:
• Registration forms will be available September 12, 2023 at starkmuseum.org.
• A series of three pre-recorded classroom videos will be available beginning November 8, 2023 for teachers to help them discuss this year’s theme and guidelines with students.
• Videos are available FREE to all teachers, but registration is required to access the videos.
• Artwork must be received by the Stark Museum of Art on Thursday, February 1, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
• Featured Artists and Award Winners will be announced on the Stark Museum of Art website no later than Wednesday, March 6, 2024.
• All artwork meeting Requirements of Submissions (see reverse) will be scanned and featured in a digital exhibit displayed in the Museum and online.
• A Juried Art Reception is scheduled for Wednesday, April 10, 2024 from 5:00-7:30 p.m.
• All artwork submitted from Orange County public and private schools will be delivered to the school on Monday, May 20, 2024. All other artwork submitted for the Juried Student Art Exhibition must be picked up at the Museum on May 17–18, 2024 or May 22—25, 2024.
• Artwork that is not picked up will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at email@example.com at 409.221.6685 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.