Any Way You Slice It
The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce the 2023 Juried Student Art Exhibition on view March 18 – May 13, 2023. The Juried Student Art Exhibition theme is offered in conjunction with the Stark Museum of Art’s upcoming special exhibition The Color Orange on view May 13, 2023 – February 10, 2024.
The exhibition of student artwork will be juried by Staff at the Stark Museum of Art, and will include up to 100 works of art created by 4th – 12th grade artists in Region 5, TX and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork will be displayed in the museum’s Community Art Gallery and featured in an online exhibition. Artwork should be created in a way to emphasize the color orange.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available August 16, 2022 at starkmuseum.org.
- A series of three pre-recorded classroom videos will be available beginning November 1, 2022 for teachers to help them discuss this year’s theme and guidelines with students. Videos are available FREE to all teachers, but registration is required to access the videos.
- Artwork must be received by the Stark Museum of Art on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Featured Artists and Award Winners will be announced on the Stark Museum of Art website no later than Wednesday, March 8, 2023.
- All artwork meeting Requirements of Submissions will be scanned and featured in a digital exhibit displayed in the Museum and online.
- A Juried Art Reception is scheduled for Wednesday, April 5, 2023 from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- All artwork submitted from Orange County public schools will be delivered to the school on Thursday, May 18, 2023. All other artwork submitted for the Juried Student Art Exhibition must be picked up at the Museum between May 18 and 20, 2023. Artwork that is not picked up will be deemed donated and will be discarded or used for other purposes as deemed appropriate by the Stark Museum
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at email@example.com.