2020-2021 Orange County High School Senior Art Exhibition
The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce the second annual ARISE: 2020-2021 Orange County High School Senior Art Exhibition. The exhibition will feature original works of art from 2021 high school seniors in Orange County. The exhibition will be held October 9 – December 23, 2020 in the Community Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art. The exhibition is open to all seniors for the 2020-2021 school year enrolled in private, public, or homeschool in Orange County.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available beginning September 16, 2020 at starkmuseum.org.
- Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art by Friday, October 2, 2020 no later than 5:00 p.m.
- The exhibition will be launched as a virtual exhibition through the Museum’s website and social media platforms such as Facebook and Youtube, and pending the reopening of the Museum to the public, a physical exhibition will be displayed in the Community Art Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art.
- Exhibited artwork must be picked up from the Museum between January 5-8, 2021. Artwork that is not picked up will be discarded.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Restauri Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Submission:
- Artist must be entering their senior year as of August 2020. Artists must be enrolled in a public, private, or homeschool in Orange County.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, and either hand-rendered or traditional/digitally manipulated images. Artwork should be created during the student’s 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade year.
- Framed artwork may be no larger than 27 ½” x 21 ½” inches. All entries will be measured upon receipt.
- Artwork must be appropriate for an audience of all ages, including children. Excessively violent themes, offensive, crude, or derogatory subjects or designs are not permitted. Artworks that reflect controversial, political, or religious themes are not permitted. Stark Museum, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject or remove any submission that fails to meet these standards.
- Each submission must be completely finished (NO WET PAINT/NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Only one original artwork per artist may be submitted. Artwork may not a direct copy of an artist’s work (including but not limited to examples found on the internet through search engines, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.). Artwork found to not be an original will be disqualified and returned to the teacher and/or student.
- Artwork MUST be ready to hang at the time of submission. Artwork must be framed in a black frame. Frames must be equipped with 2 d-rings for hanging. D-rings should be placed a minimum of 3” from the top of the frame. No saw tooth hangers, adhesive wire strips, clips or other fasteners should be used.
- Students and teachers are advised to place all artwork under Plexiglas or glass for protection during the exhibition. However, Plexiglas or glass are not required framing elements.
- Artwork must have artist name and school on the back of the submission.
- Artist must submit a 150-200 word artist statement about their artwork with their submission. Artist statements must be typed. Artist statements will be on view with the artwork and should be proofed for grammar, spelling, and syntax. Artist statements will be presented as is.
- Artists must submit a clear digital image of their unframed submission in .jpg format by email to email@example.com.
- Completed registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork. All students regardless of age must have both parent and student signature.